Dynmap is a comprehensive tool open to all server members. It's essentially a map that gives a real time view of the entire servers as well as who is online. This is a very useful plugin because it allows admins to track other players, and it helps regulars find new places and keeps them from getting lost.
Dynmap is very easy to use:
- Go into your web browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.). NOTE: You must have LogMeIn Hamachi open at all times while using dynmap!
- In the url bar, type http://18.104.22.168:8123/ TIP: It's a good idea to bookmark dynmap, so you don't need to remember the IP
- Now dynmap should be loading up. Once you are there you will notice 4 main components...
- At the top there will be a time display as well as a weather indicator to tell you wheather it's sunny or stormy.
- At the bottom left there is a chatbox. You can type into this chatbox to talk to people on the server from a bird's eye view.
- On the right side of the screen there is a slide-out menu which you can open by hovering over it with your mouse. The three top button's represent different viewing perspectives. By default, dynmap is set on isometric 3D; however, you can change this to a top-down view and an isometric 3D cave view. All of the players online will be posted under the "Players" section. You can click on their portrait to track them and always keep them in the center of the map.
- Finally there's the map itself. At the top-left there is a zoom control. You can use that to zoom into the map, or you can simply use your scroll wheel. Important places are marked with a landmark symbol. You can hover over these symbols to check the name of the landmark. Players are also displayed on the map with a picture of their skin's face, a health bar, and an armor bar. Speech bubbles will pop up whenever a player on the server talks.
If you have any problems, questions, or suggestions about dynmap, please contact an admin. Or post your comment on the talk page.